The Psalms is our collection of Lectionary psalms in several volumes.
The Psalms uses simple, yet effective musical settings. The refrains are easy to learn and the chant verses often parallel the refrain melody or use simple repeating patterns. Guitar chords and accompaniment are provided, although the psalms work equally well when sung unaccompanied.
Volume III contains settings of the psalms for Holy Week – Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, the Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday. Many of the psalms can be used on other Sundays of the year too. Full details are included.
The full list of settings in Volume III is given below.
- Ps 21(22) – Why have you forsaken me, my God?
- Ps 115(116) – The blessing cup that we bless
- Ps 30(31) – Father, into your hands
- Ps 103(104) – Send forth your spirit
- Ps 32(33) – The Lord fills the earth with his love
- Ps 15(16) – Keep me safe, O God
- Exodus 15 – I will sing to the Lord
- Ps 29(30) – I will give you praise, O Lord
- Isaiah 12 – With joy you will draw water
- Ps 18(19) – Your words, O Lord, are spirit and life
- Ps 41(42) – As the deer thirsts
- Ps 50(51) – A pure heart create for me
- Ps 117(118) – Alleluia
- Ps 117(118) – This day was made by the Lord
Instrumentation: Cantor / choir, keyboard, guitar